Last night was hectic. Not a couple hours after I get off work and get home, a huge storm rolls in. Next thing you know, it turns into a tornado. Let me tell you, I'm used to tornados. I mean, I was born and raised right here in KS. But, this is the first time going through a tornado warning in this apartment. There is no basement, and that bothered me. The closest thing to a basement was my storage unit on the bottom level. I don't know how safe that would be if a tornado truly hit my complex. It'd be successful in keeping me away from the tornado, but the debris is what I'm worried about. It'd completely crash right on top of me.
Anyway, the tornado was located in northern Johnson County. I believe it was only a funnel, though I'm hearing rumors that a tornado truly did touchdown. The sirens did go off and were going off for quite awhile. I didn't really go anywhere to take cover however. I did quickly pack some things and put my cat in his kennel, had my dog's leash out, ready to bolt the second I heard the weathermen relay that the tornado truly did touch and was headed in my direction. I never did hear it, so by 9:30pm or so I went to bed.
I am thankful I wasn't working last night. I heard that the midnight hours were the worst, and the wind blew over many trees. When I got to work this morning, the midnight shift guys were still working on traffic control for trees that fell over on major roadways. Crazy. My shift this morning didn't have any weather related issues. We did pass a few knocked over trees, but they were on non-busy side streets so, we just called it in to public works and they got it. No biggy.
Today was relatively boring at work. Nothing big came in. I'm sure that won't be the case tomorrow. At least I hope not :)
Other then that my life has been pretty good. I love my dog. He fills up a lot of my time, energy, love, all that good stuff. It's like having a kid. He requires a lot of attention, but I don't mind. I have the attention to give :).
So, I just thought I'd give a mini update. It'd been a little bit since I last updated this. Now I'm going to run my errands. <3
X moralizedxcriminal X
Friday, May 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
hey girl, glad you were ok!:)
I have often wondered why buildings in the midwest are not built w/ basements or at least storm shelters.
Have you ever seen a tornado in your years there?
Also, a work question. Are you out on patrol now with a partner and everything?
Post a Comment